To achieve the highest level of education to students, the Seventh-day Adventist certification program recognizes academically and professionally qualified educators in denominational schools. Teaching certificates and endorsements signify the individual has completed the necessary requirements required for educating students in an Adventist school setting.
The Certification Registrar in the Office of Education at the Southern Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists works with over 1000 pre-k thru 12 educators across the eight constituent states. A constant evaluation of teachers across the Southern Union determines what requirements need to be completed by new teachers in order to be certified and what is needed by current teachers to keep their certificates updated and valid.
To aid in this process, several resources are available to teachers on the adventistedge.org certification page, including:
- Official Transcripts:
- Official Electronic Transcript e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Transcript mailing address: Certification Registrar, Southern Union Conference of SDA, P.O. Box 923868, Norcross, GA 30010-3868
- Certification Requirements Manual
- Application for Non-Academic Credit
- Application for Designated Subjects/Services Certificate
- Southern Union Course Outlines
For more information, please visit the Adventist EDGE