The Southern Union Library/Information Resources Program serves as a support to in-house library/media centers of Pre-K – 8 schools, and secondary schools (grades 9-12) in the following areas:
- Promotion of student literacy by assisting schools in providing reading material that is designed to:
- Foster a love of reading.
- Encourage the development of students into mature Christians, committed to the search for wisdom and truth, and concerned with the physical and spiritual well-being of humanity.
- Assist Pre-K -12 schools with managing their library and information resources collection.
- Support schools as they work to provide equitable physical and intellectual access to the digital resources and tools required for learning.
- Provide on-going professional development for staff on implementation of digital resources for everyday classroom use.
- Ensure that the 21st Century school library provides an independent learning environment that connects students and teachers in a social, digital community
- Encourage schools to recognize the potential new technologies offer for learners as both information consumers and creative information producers.
- Aid in the promotion of new technology tools for collaborative learning.
For more information, please visit the Adventist EDGE website.