"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." Philippians 4:8 (NKJV)
The Southern Union Library/Information Resources Program serves as a support to in-house library/media centers of Pre-K - 8 schools, and secondary schools (grades 9-12) in the following areas:
- Promotion of student literacy by assisting schools in providing reading material that is designed to:
- Foster a love of reading.
- Encourage the development of students into mature Christians, committed to the search for wisdom and truth, and concerned with the physical and spiritual well-being of humanity.
- Assist Pre-K -12 schools with managing their library and information resources collection.
- Support schools as they work to provide equitable physical and intellectual access to the digital resources and tools required for learning.
- Provide on-going professional development for staff on implementation of digital resources for everyday classroom use.
- Ensure that the 21st Century school library provides an independent learning environment that connects students and teachers in a social, digital community
- Encourage schools to recognize the potential new technologies offer for learners as both information consumers and creative information producers.
- Aid in the promotion of new technology tools for collaborative learning.