Medical/Dental/Health Professionals Ministry
Calendar of Events
Medical/Dental/Health Professional Convention 2016
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did this event move from Gatlinburg and the Park Vista Hotel? The Park Vista hotel is no longer willing to accomodate this convention in September or October. There are no other convention hotels in Gatlinburg that have the space needed. We hope to return to the Gatlinburg area in the future if a venue can be found that meets all of our needs.
- Who’s invited? All medical, dental, and health care professionals and their families. This is a wonderful weekend to spend with the family.
- Do I have to take Continuing Education Courses to attend? No. The Continuing Education Courses are made available to those who want to attend and receive continuing education (CE) credit that is necessary for professional license renewal.
- Is there a registration fee if I don’t want continuing education credit? No. This event is free unless you wish to receive CE credit to renew your professional license. This weekend is sponsored by the Southern Union as a ministry to our health professionals and to their families. BUT, even if you don’t need the CE credit, please register online. If you’re attending only on Sabbath, please register so we can provide adequate seating and materials. If you choose not to register, you are still welcome, just plan on paying the park entrance fee as you enter at the gate.
- Are any meals being served? Yes, one; Sabbath lunch. Meal tickets must be purchased online.
- How much is the entrance fee to the park? Stone Mountain Park requires a $15 per vehicle entrance fee. This fee is waived if you register for this event.
- If I want to bring my RV, is there a campground available? Yes. Stone Mountain Park has Georgia’s largest RV campground with full hookups.
- Are there programs for children? Yes. There is programming for children ages 4-11. Younger children will be accommodated if requested.
- Do the hotel rooms have a refrigerator? The hotel does have mini refrigerators and microwaves that are provided on request, but the number is limited.
- Is the Hotel handicap accessible? Yes. All rooms and meeting spaces are accessible.